Welcome to Winter Vacation Garden Quiz!!
Growing-Garden Quiz during Winter Vacation has been planned especially for those who are yet to join ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ and with this final segment of the Quiz the participation will be officially closed. For the campuses having their Winter Break on 21st December can dispatch their students’ Registrations by Saturday, 14th December to be reached to us by Monday, 16th December. However the campuses having their Winter Break later can send us their registration at least 4 days before the Winter-Break to help us in timely sending the blank Quiz Sheets for the Green Ambassadors.
In line with the UN Objectives of Environmental Education UNOEE 2012-16 and GL Green Vision 2020, GLA encourages the campuses to involve their maximum students to the Quiz and for that it has announced Special Prizes and Recognitions for the Campuses.
Green Living Association offers lucrative prizes to the Green Ambassadors including Winners’ Abroad Study Trips, Laptops, LCD Monitors, Mobile Phones, Beautiful Gifts and Honour Shields to be presented to the Prominent Performers of the Quiz. Moreover, we offer Appreciation Certificate to each participant (Green Ambassador) of the Quiz.
Furthermore, we present Special Appreciation to the Campus Administrations which include Appreciation Certificates for the Campus Heads and Activity Coordinators, Best Participation Awards for the Prominent Campuses and Global Interaction for the participating campuses.
How to Participate?
Participation in the ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ is possible only through the campus administration. Students cannot participate individually.
The students from all grades can participate in ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ which has been organized in 3 categories in accordance with the students’ educational grades.
Category 1 = Grade Nursery to 3
Category 2 = Grade 4 to 7
Category 3 = Grade 8 to 12 & A’Level
Participation from the Campus Administration
- Take a print of the Registration Form (just click here to get the Registration Form), fill in the Form and attach with it a demand draft (@Rs. 200/- per student) made in the name of Green Living Association (to be drawn at Lahore). The amount of the draft must match the number of students participating from your campus.
- Send the filled registration form and the demand draft to Green Living Association through a reliable courier service, on the address given below these attributes.
- Immediately after receiving the Registration from a campus, the Programme Office of GLA immediately sends the blank Quiz Sheets through TCS along with a covering letter giving participation details and the last date to submit the filled Quiz Sheets back to GLA.
- The Campus Administration after distributing the Quiz Sheets among the Green Ambassadors (the participating students) will allow them to bring those Quiz Sheets to their homes to work out those in association with their supporters (4 Family Members or relatives each) during the Winter Break.
- The Green Ambassadors and their supporters are to download their respective category’s Guidenook before attempting the Quiz. In the Guidebooks they will find useful information about the answers of the questions given in the Quiz Sheets. (Click here to access your category’s Guidebook).
- The Green Ambassadors are to submit the filled Quiz Sheets back to the Campus administration just after the Winter-Break within the assigned date. The Campus Administration after collecting the filled Quiz sheets will send those to the GLA Programme Office within the defined date.
Address to send your Registration
Here is given the address of GLA’s Programme Office to send the Registration Form
The Programme Manager
Green Living Association
Programme Office # 10, 2nd Floor, Al-Hafeez View Studio Apartments
67-D-1, Sir Syed Road, Liberty Commercial Zone Gulberg III Lahore
Phone: 042-35774640, 35521057, 35048474
Prizes & Recognitions
For extended recognition, exchange of modern knowledge and global solidarity for Environment Conservation GLA has arranged international linking of the best performer Green Ambassadors and the Campuses with the renowned International Green Schools and Global Green Events. Moreover, we have planned to send the Groups of the Top Winners to the Abroad Study Trips under Environmental and Cultural Exchange Programmes. Please find below further recognitions for the participants of growing-garden Quiz.
Prize # 1
For the First Crown Green Ambassador (CGA)
A European study trip OR a Cash Prize of Rs. 100,000 along with the Crown Shield and the Certificate by Green Living Association
Prize # 2
For Rest of the 3 Crown Green Ambassadors
Laptop Computers (3 Prizes), the Crown Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 3
For four Bright Green Ambassadors
Super LCD Monitors along with the Bright Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 4
For the Super Green Ambassadors
Environmental Books along with the Super Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 5
For Every Green Ambassador (Participating Student)
An Appreciation Certificate by Green Living Association as a lifelong asset
Exclusive Prizes for the Campuses
- Best Participation Award has been announced for the campus with participation of maximum number of students.
- Best Commitment Award has been announced for the campus with participation of the maximum percentage of their enrolled students.
- Certification by Green Living Association to the School’s Head and the Head of Extra-curricular of each participating campus
Growing-Garden Quiz Guidebooks
Click on one of the titles given below to open your category’s Guidebook. Once the Guidebook is opened then move the cursor to lower right side. You will find there different options including ‘copy’ or ‘save’. You can download the Guidebook to your system by using this option.
Guidebook for Category 1 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the Guidebook (Butterflied and Plants)
Guidebook for Category 2 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the Categoy 2 Guidebook (Growing My Garden)
Guidebook for Category 3 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the CAT 3 Guidebook (Composting in the School)