Welcome to Growing-Garden Quiz!!
Important Note about the Deadlines: The Growing Garden Quiz is going to be closed in the first week of December. Any campus willing to participate can send its registration by Saturday, 7th December. After this date Growing-Garden Quiz will be officially closed. We will facilitate the remaining campuses in the Winter Vacation segment of the Garden Quiz. The last date of submitting Registration for Winter Vacation Garden Quiz is 15th December.
Under its ‘Vision 2020’ GLA aims at extending basic Environmental Education to each Pakistani by Year 2020. To meet the challenge of extended coverage we have made two basic developments in our campaign; firstly, the nature of the Green Quiz has been transformed from theoretical to practical and secondly the direction of recognition has been changed from local to global.
Now the participants of the Green Quiz can establish international solidarity with the Global Green Schools and Global Green Events. Moreover, we have planned to send the Groups of the Winners to the Abroad Study Trips for Environmental and Cultural Exchange Programmes.
To achieve the Environmental Education Objectives 2020 we encourage you to involve all or maximum of your students to ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ because according to the rule of thumb; More your participation is – More are the chances to win.
How to Participate?
Participation in the ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ is easy.
Send a mail with a subject ‘Willing to Participate‘ to email@example.com with your school’s contact number, contact person and her/ his email address. Our Programme Coordinator will contact you with the details how to participate.
- The students from all grades can participate in ‘Growing-Garden Quiz’ which has been organized in 3 categories in accordance with the students’ educational grades.
- Grade 1 to 3= Category 1, Grade 4 to 7 = Category 2 & Grade 8 to 12 = Category 3
- As a strategy to extend Environmental Education from students to their elders, in line with the South Asian Environment Education objectives 2020, a Green Ambassador is encouraged to bring the Quiz Sheet to her/his home, to make 4 supporters (among the family members, relatives and friends), and to attempt the answers in association with them.
- All categories’ Guidebooks are given below on this page. Before attempting the Quiz the Green Ambassadors and their supporters are encouraged to download the Guidebooks to get support for the answers.
Prizes & Recognitions
For extended recognition, exchange of modern knowledge and global solidarity for Environment Conservation GLA has arranged international linking of the best performer Green Ambassadors and the Campuses with the renowned International Green Schools and Global Green Events. Moreover, we have planned to send the Groups of the Top Winners to the Abroad Study Trips under Environmental and Cultural Exchange Programmes. Please find below further recognitions for the participants of growing-garden Quiz.
Prize # 1
For the First Crown Green Ambassador (CGA)
A European study trip OR a Cash Prize of Rs. 100,000 along with the Crown Shield and the Certificate by Green Living Association
Prize # 2
For Rest of the 3 Crown Green Ambassadors
Laptop Computers (3 Prizes), the Crown Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 3
For four Bright Green Ambassadors
Super LCD Monitors along with the Bright Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 4
For the Super Green Ambassadors
Environmental Books along with the Super Shields and Certificates by Green Living Association
Prize # 5
For Every Green Ambassador (Participating Student)
An Appreciation Certificate by Green Living Association as a lifelong asset
Exclusive Prizes for the Campuses
- Best Participation Award has been announced for the campus with participation of maximum number of students.
- Best Commitment Award has been announced for the campus with participation of the maximum percentage of their enrolled students.
- Certification by Green Living Association to the School’s Head and the Head of Extra-curricular of each participating campus
Growing-Garden Quiz Guidebooks
Click on one of the titles given below to open your category’s Guidebook. Once the Guidebook is opened then move the cursor to lower right side. You will find there different options including ‘copy’ or ‘save’. You can download the Guidebook to your system by using this option.
Guidebook for Category 1 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the Guidebook (Butterflied and Plants)
Guidebook for Category 2 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the Categoy 2 Guidebook (Growing My Garden)
Guidebook for Category 3 Quiz
Click on the title below to open the CAT 3 Guidebook (Composting in the School)